Overcoming the Imposter Syndrome
(Short POST)Let's deal with the Impostor syndrome as it is an important topic, especially for developers! 🧠
Imposter Syndrome is a mix of feeling in which individual doubts their accomplishments or talents and has persistent internalized fear of being exposed as a "fraud".
Does it affect me?
The developer is commonly affected by this phenomenon. Chances are, you're going to experience it sooner or later! An estimated 60% of developers suffer from Imposter Syndrome.
Don't worry, it's not a mental disorder.
Imposter syndrome negatively affects the sufferer: decreased productivity, performance and satisfaction. It's easy for the syndrome to spin out of control: suffers can become depressed and burnt out as they keep pushing their perceived goals.
Let's deal with it.
- Acknowledge your thoughts: Simply observe the thoughts you are having. This is an important first step towards betterment.
- Record your achievements: Write your successes down and compare yourself to your past self and see how much you have improved!
- Talk to yourself: The simple act of telling yourself "I am great" and similar things have a powerful effect in you! (Principle of auto-suggestion)
- Forgive yourself: Everyone makes mistakes. they are inevitable. Learn to forgive yourself for making mistakes!
- Don't be ashamed of help: Seeking help from someone does in no way discredit your work! Tell yourself, "I am proud of my accomplishments."
- Allow yourself to be imperfect: Understand that no-one can be perfect, and that's completely fine! Don't set extremely high expectations for yourself.
Keep doing these methods to help you deal with Imposter Syndrome and you'll feel better in no time!
Have you suffered from IMPOSTER SYNDROME? Share your experience below!
⚡Thanks For Reading | Happy Coding😎
No Comments Yet